One of the most beautiful locations in Costa Rica is the central Pacific Coast. The Central Pacific Coast boasts some of the finest areas in Costa Rica such as the beautiful Manuel Antonio Beach and National Park, the secluded Isla Damas and the small surf village of Dominical which is located far from the throngs of tourists. This entire area is renowned for its gorgeous natural setting, its friendly inhabitants, and above all, the waves that draw surfers from all over the world. Thanks to a blessing of Pacific Ocean currents and the unique topology of the coastline, the waters off of Manuel Antonio Beach, Isla Damas and Dominical feature both left and right waves ranging from gentle swells ideal for beginning surfers to huge barrels that can challenge even the most experienced surfers. These diverse beach breaks ensure that on any given day, there will be a wave for any level.
The Manuel Antonio Surf School offer surfers of all abilities the chance to enjoy practicing this unique sport in a tropical paradise setting. Surfers are transported from their hotel to the beach where they are awaited by friendly and professional instructors, surf equipment, water, fresh fruit and a gorgeous Costa Rica beach.
First-time surfers will be taught the fundamentals of this ancient wave-riding sport first with instruction on the land and then by heading out to practice on gentle, predictable swells by the end of their first lesson. Intermediate to advanced surfers will benefit from individual instruction from the surf school and camp’s experienced local teachers, riding the larger swells all the way back to the beach.
All of the instructors at the Manuel Antonio Surf School are surfing specialists with years of training beginners and experts alike in the fine arts of wave riding. With a special license from the village government, attendees get to surf at the exclusive Isla Damas just offshore from Manuel Antonio, a secluded beach with no tourists or crowds of onlookers, or at other exclusive locations in the area like Dominical, the mouth of the Quepos River and the waters just offshore from Manuel Antonio Beach.
Ideal for women surfers, children, first-time surfers, and experienced professionals aged 7-70, the adventures at Manuel Antonio Surf School go far beyond just the fun and excitement on the water. In between surf classes, attendees can relax on the any of these village’s pristine long beaches or snack on a delicious meal from one of the local “sodas” (restaurants). Further adventures are also possible, with the school organizing treks into the nearby rainforest, canoeing opportunities in local rivers, and expeditions to other exciting destinations across Costa Rica.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose to surf with us:
- We get everyone, from age 7 to 70, up and surfing before the end of the lesson. You will live your dream to surf with us!
- We have something for everyone from the beginner to the advanced surfer and even those who just want to watch and enjoy refreshments while experiencing the real Costa Rica.
- We have access to several breaks and therefore always have the perfect wave for any level and during any season.
- Our exclusive surf spot on Isla Damas is a completely secluded beach. You will have no crowds while you learn to surf and the waves are very consistent here.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We don’t just throw you into a wave, we teach you surf mechanics before getting into the ocean.
- Safety is a top priority for us and lessons are taught by experienced instructors with safety lessons first.
- You will leave with new skills and knowledge about surfing and wave mechanics.
- Lessons are taught by locals who truly know the wave.
- Our instructor/student ratio provides you with the attention that you need to learn how to surf.