DOMINICAL SURF AND TOUR
Dominical, a premiere surfing beach in Costa Rica, is located on Costa Rica’s pristine southwest Pacific Coast just 27 miles (44 km) south of the town of Quepos. Dominical is one of the most consistent beach breaks that a surfer can find and, as this sleepy beach village was long one of the best-kept secrets of Costa Rica, is still uncrowded. No matter the swell or time of year, there are ALWAYS waves in Dominical. The various beach breaks of this town offer a full assortment of wave riding options from gentle, predictable and slow-rolling swells to large barrels as well as both left and right waves, making Dominical the perfect destination for all surfers from beginners to advanced.
The adventure will begin by picking the students up at their hotel at which time the beautiful drive will begin, passing through African palm, banana, papaya, corn and rice plantations as well as two of the greatest white water rafting rivers in Costa Rica, the Naranjo (the river for the adrenaline junkie) and Savegre (also considered one of the cleanest and most beautiful rivers in Central America). The drive will end at the gorgeous Dominical village, located at the bottom of enormous cliffs and facing the turquoise beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
Upon arrival in Dominical IT’S TIME TO HAVE FUN! The tour begins with a warm-up including stretching. For beginners, before entering the water, the instructor provides a detailed safety talk for approximately 15 minutes where he/she will explain basic surf safety instruction and then demonstrate the main surf positions and correct posture. For those with surf experience, the instructor will discuss the surfer's level and experience, review the specific skills and technique that the surfer would like to work on during the session and together observe the waves. Then the student and instructor enter the sea to start catching waves. There are a few breaks throughout the lesson during which fresh fruit and drinks are served. During this break each instructor will provide their student with individualized feedback which the students can use once they return to the water to practice their newly acquired skills.
Following the epic surf experience offered at this location, the tour continues to an AMAZING WATERFALL near the site in order to freshen up and enjoy an unforgettable adventure of beautiful scenery, rope swings, natural water slides and a refreshing pool. After enjoying the waterfall the adventure concludes with a delicious lunch of typical Costa Rican food enjoyed on the beach.
- We have 2 times avalible 7:30am, 12:30pm.
- We pick you up 10 min before the time you choose your lesson at your hotel or any location you prefer to be picked up.
- We have a drive of 25 to 30 min to Dominical and on the way guides will give you info of the area and fun facts.
- 30 min of orientation and dry-land training (discuss objectives and provide a basic understanding of safety, waves and surf strategy.
- 2.5 hours – surf instruction in the water with a snack break of 15 min (practice paddling, reading waves, popping up and safely falling).
- Transportation to the beach.
- Bilingual Instructor.
- 3 Hours of devoted surf instruction.
- Water and snack of fruit.
- Surf Board (Hand picked by your coach for best fit).
- Rash guard.
- Typical Costa Rican Lunch.
- Guided tour to the waterfall.
whAT TO BRING
- Water proof sun block.
- Surf Mentality.
- Do not bring important personal items.
MASS Costa Rica
+506 2777 4842
+506 8555 3470