JURASSIC SURF TRIP
Have you ever dreamt about visiting a place that looks like another planet? Does your fantasy include a completely secluded beach just for you surrounded by the rhythmic and peaceful sound of the waves, coconut trees and scenery seen once in a lifetime? If so, this is the opportunity to make your dreams come true.
This spectacular beach break is located just 20 minutes South of Quepos and is a hidden gem between the African palm and rice plantations. This break may very well be the brother break to the main Dominical beach break and therefore also provides consistent waves at high tide with both left and right breaking waves. Here our students will enjoy an amazing and unforgettable surf experience, learning (or perfecting) this fun sport without another person in sight. The tour begins with a warm-up including stretching.
For beginners, before entering the water, the instructor provides a detailed safety talk for approximately 15 minutes where he/she will explain basic surf safety instruction and then demonstrate the main surf positions and correct posture. For those with surf experience, the instructor will discuss the surfer's level and experience, review the specific skills and technique that the surfer would like to work on during the session and together observe the waves.
Then the student and instructor enter the sea to start catching waves. There are a few breaks throughout the lesson during which fresh fruit and drinks are served. During this break each instructor will provide their student with individualized feedback which the students can use once they return to the water to practice their newly acquired skills.
After the extraordinary surf experience offered at this location, the adventure concludes with a deliciouslunch of typical Costa Rican food at one of our favorite places to eat in Quepos.
- We have 2 times avalible 7:30am, 12:30pm.
- We pick you up 10 min before the time you choose your lesson at your hotel or any location you prefer to be picked up.
- 30 min of orientation and dry-land training (discuss objectives and provide a basic understanding of safety, waves and surf strategy.
- 2.5 hours – surf instruction in the water with a snack break of 15 min (practice paddling, reading waves, popping up and safely falling)
- Transportation to the beach.
- Bilingual Instructor.
- 3 Hours of devoted surf instruction.
- Water and snack of fruit.
- Surf Board (Hand picked by your coach for best fit).
- Rash guard.
- Typical Costa Rican Lunch.
- Guided tour to the waterfall.
- Typical Costa Rican lunch
whAT TO BRING
- Water proof sun block.
- Surf Mentality.
- Do not bring important personal items.
MASS Costa Rica
+506 2777 4842
+506 8555 3470