RIVER KAYAKING AT SAVEGRE
Join MASS for a unique kayaking trip down the epically stunning Savegre River. The journey begins with hotel pick-up and a short 20-minute drive to the bridge over the Savegre River. Once there the tour guide will provide a detailed safety talk which will include explanation and demonstration of the main postures, paddling techniques and commands for the kayak trip.
The adventure then begins and throughout the excursion the tour guide will explain a little bit of the history of this magnificent place and will point out various species of birds including kingfishers, hawks, sparrow hawks, egrets and tiger heron. The first half of this adventure will also include the exciting sightings other wildlife and nature such as iguanas, the Jesus lizard, African palms, the elephant ear tree, and some medicinal trees such as guarumo, saragundi and caña brava. A break will follow before arriving at the river mouth where the kayakers will enjoy a delicious snack of tropical fruit, crackers, water and juice and then prepare for the second part of the trip. After the snack time, the kayak tour will continue down the river and into the mangroves, a place of astounding beauty and amazing scenery where one can disconnect their mind and enjoy ultimate peace and tranquility.
Here the tour guide will point out more wildlife including monkeys, sloths and other typical Costa Rican species. After another 45 minutes, the tour will come to an end and transportation will be waiting to exit the mangrove and return to the desired place of lodging.
- We have 3 times avalible 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm
- We pick you up 10 min to 5 min before the time you choose your hike, at your hotel or any location you prefer to be picked up
- 20 min of orientation (discuss objectives and provide a basic understanding of safety).
- 2.5 hours – Guided tour trough the river and snack brake of 15 min
- Transportation to the river.
- Bilingual guide.
- 2 hour guided kayak tour.
- Water and snack of fruit.
whAT TO BRING
- Water proof sun block.
- River shoes.
- Do not bring important personal items.
MASS Costa Rica
+506 2777 4842
+506 8555 3470