ISLA DAMAS SECLUDED SURF ADVENTURE
This secluded Isla surf tour provides the opportunity to experience true Costa Rica at its finest. Upon hotel pick-up, surfers will be transported a few miles to the Quepos River. From there, access to this beach break is by a quick river crossing via boat and then a stunning drive down the completely secluded beach, which stretches for miles. At this uninhabited stretch of beach, the guests of MASS will spend a half day surfing excellent waves with no people or distractions in the water. During breaks, surfers can relax and admire the astonishing beauty of the landscape and the absolute peace present at this location all while enjoying a freshly picked coconut from one of the many coconut trees that line the beach. Similar to Dominical, this beach break provides exceptionally consistent waves that break both right and left. Barrels are common here. This break offers an excellent opportunity for intermediate and advanced surfers to have some fun in the waves and perfect their technique as this spot usually enjoys a greater impact from the swells. It is also a great spot for first-time surfers and beginners to learn in the forgiving beach break.
The surf lesson begins with a warm-up including stretching. For beginners, before entering the water, the instructor provides a detailed safety talk for approximately 15 minutes where he/she will explain basic surf safety instruction and then demonstrate the main surf positions and correct posture. For those with surf experience, the instructor will discuss the surfer's level and experience, review the specific skills and technique that the surfer would like to work on during the session and together observe the waves. Then the student and instructor enter the sea to start catching waves. There are a few breaks throughout the lesson during which fresh fruit and drinks are served. During this break each instructor will provide their student with individualized feedback which the students can use once they return to the water to practice their newly acquired skills. The session will conclude with a delicious typical Costa Rican meal served either beachside or at one of our favorite local restaurants in Quepos.
There are few places in the world to surf epic waves without another sole in sight. This remarkably unique experience is a special way to see the real Costa Rica while surfing.
- We have 2 times avalible 7:30am, 12:30pm.
- We pick you up 10 min before the time you choose your lesson at your hotel or any location you prefer to be picked up.
- 30 min of orientation and dry-land training (discuss objectives and provide a basic understanding of safety, waves and surf strategy.
- 2.5 hours – surf instruction in the water with a snack break of 15 min (practice paddling, reading waves, popping up and safely falling).
- Transportation to the beach.
- Bilingual Instructor.
- 3 Hours of devoted surf instruction.
- Water and snack of fruit.
- Surf Board (Hand picked by your coach for best fit).
- Rash Guard.
- Typical Costa Rican Lunch.
whAT TO BRING
- Water proof sun block.
- Surf Mentality.
- Do not bring important personal items.
MASS Costa Rica
+506 2777 4842
+506 8555 3470