NAUYACA AND SURF
Explore the spectacularly breathtaking Nauyaca waterfalls. The Nauyaca Waterfall is located about 20 minutes from Dominical, deep into the heart of the tropical jungle. This magnificent waterfall has two sets of falls measuring a combined 61 meters (200ft) tall and large natural pools.
Though this site can be rather remote, MASS makes this excursion an easy and fun one. The tour will begin with hotel pick-up and the 25-minute drive to Dominical where we will have a fun surf lesson for 2.5 hours. From there the group will traverse through scenic back roads and into the hills enjoying grand views of the ocean, mountains and jungle on the road to reach the trail to the waterfall. While many visitors to the Nauyaca have to take a 2-hour trail by foot or horseback, MASS will bring the tour group to a truck that provides quicker and easier access.
From there, the group will enjoy a short 15 min hike with a beautiful river crossing to reach the waterfall from a difference entrance. The hike will culminate into a wide canyon with lush greenery where guests will be awestruck by the magnificent cascading falls. Once at the Nauyaca waterfall there will be the chance to enjoy the view, take pictures, swim in the refreshing natural pool, walk underneath the falls and even climb and jump off of the many cliffs. At this time a picnic snack on the side of the waterfall will be provided. After enjoying this amazing natural wonder, a delicious lunch of typical Costa Rican food will follow and the return trip will ensue.
This Nauyaca Excursion has as a full day outing including a surf lesson in Dominical.
- We have 2 time available 7:30am or 8:00am.
- We pick you up at your hotel or any location of your choosing.
- 30 min drive with our full equipped transportation and orientation by the guides.
- 25 min of orientation and dry-land training in Dominical or Dominicalito beach (discuss objectives and provide a basic understanding of safety, waves and surf strategy
- 1.5 hour – surf instruction in the water with a snack break of 15 min (practice paddling, reading waves, popping up and safely falling)
- 3 hours – guided tour into the amazing Nauyaca Waterfalls
- Bilingual guide.
- 1.5 Hours of devoted surf instruction.
- Water and snack of fruit.
- Surf Board (Handpicked by your coach for best fit).
- Rash Guard.
- Typical Costa Rican Lunch.
- Guided tour to the waterfall.
whAT TO BRING
- Water proof sun block.
- Wrap Sandals..
- Surf Mentality.
MASS Costa Rica
+506 2777 4842
+506 8555 3470